Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sad news...

So today I found out some upsetting news.  Someone that I work with is leaving.  After I found out this news, obviously I was upset.  I then started thinking about how you meet people and they come in and out of your life for a reason.  People are in your life to teach you lessons and you are there for the same reason.
What lesson did I learn from this person?  Hmm, that’s a good question because there are so many different things.  First and foremost to be more genuine and more relaxed with certain parts of my life.  They also showed me that there is more than meets the eye.  When I actually talked to my coworker and found out what had happened we got to talking not only about work but life in general.  It’s nice to find out how someone really is outside of work.  You work with people every day but don’t actually know them until you sit down and talk.  Everyone is fighting a battle that you know nothing about and I think sometimes we forget this.
I think that people get so wrapped up in their lives, problems, issues, situations, etc that they don’t stop to think that the person you see more than your own family and probably even spend more time with may not be the same person outside of work.  This person is great all around and I will truly miss them.  Once we got to talking I saw that we almost have the same plans for our futures and hope to succeed.  Even though now certain future plans seem unreasonable and unattainable I know if I put my mind to it I will be able to do it.
I hope I keep in touch with this coworker and they will be greatly missed, and I’ll probably cry when they actually leave.  I’m just an emotional person though. 
Sometimes in life we tend to forget about certain things, whether its emotions, or just simply thinking about other people.  I feel as though people get some wrapped up in themselves (not necessarily selfish) that they don’t stop to reach out to others.  I’m guilty of getting wrapped up with my life and my epilepsy and making sure that I am healthy.  I’m not going to lie sometimes I think I have it worse than others when I really don’t.  Sometimes I do envy the people who don’t have to live with this condition.  So maybe ask how someone’s day is going so far or how it was.  You might be able to create a new relationship with a few simple words.

No comments:

Post a Comment