Monday, May 13, 2013

Helping to control my Condition.

I’m not sure how everyone else’s epilepsy is, triggers and such.  Mine is caused by sleep deprivation and stress.  My job is fairly stressful, making sure deadlines are met, and our clients are satisfied, while dealing with any internal changes.   The business world is just like the fashion industry; constantly changing.  Sometimes stress at work can affect stress at home, or in personal life.
A few key things that I do in order to keep my stress levels down are pretty simple.  First of all, when it is lunch time, I leave the building even if it is just to go outside and get some fresh air.  I used to work straight through my lunch but a human being needs a break regardless of if you have a condition or not.  Once I leave the building I try not to think about what’s going on back at the office, whether it’s phone calls or emails that I’m getting.
Secondly, and I feel as though this is the most important way to stay clear of being stressful (besides sleeping well), leave work problems at work, DO NOT bring them home.  Sure it’s ok if you tell someone what happened at work, whether it was good or bad, but most of the time if anything bad happened I’ll leave it at work, unless if it is bothering me extremely bad.  DO NOT DWELL on something that you can’t fix or something that you can’t do anything about until you are back at work.  It’s kind of like when you go to work you leave your problems at home.
Thirdly, I have hobbies.  Yes, I am a stereotypical girl who loves to shop and has a shoe closet that is overflowing, but I also like to do other things.  I have a dog who is like my child, I sew, and I try to hang out with my family, oh and let’s not forget this blog.  I like to have certain hobbies not just to live a less stressful life at work but in general to live a well balanced life (probably why I was born a Libra).  When you have something therapeutic in your life it helps you stay well rounded.  I would like to get into more things that have to do with nature or volunteering but that will come with time.  I am just now starting to get my life completely together and I want to start saving for my very own house. 
Fourthly, set goals for yourself.  Ok, I understand sometimes this can be stressful for people, trust me sometimes it is for me.  Although, it is a good stress, or at least I think so because if something is worth it in the end after working hard that little bit of satisfaction is all you need.  You are working towards something that you want to accomplish.  Of course make your goals obtainable not impossible!  That’s why I made a bucket list of things I want to do.  I’ve already crossed off two things out of about 30!  So that’s an amazing start! 

Number five on this list is spending time with family.  There is nothing more important than family.  I’ve had some struggles in the past few years and my family was the only thing that kept me going.  All of my “friends” (or so I thought) left me and my family helped pick up the pieces.  I can never repay them enough.  I can tell them anything without feeling judged and knowing I will get the honest truth, not a sugarcoated one.  I know they will love me no matter how difficult I may be so I like to spend time with them.
Lastly on my list, I know my life isn’t that bad.  There are people out there in the world who have it way worse, so I really have no reason to complain or be worried about life.  I am blessed with everything that has gone positively in my life in the past half year.  I still think I’m living in a dream, but for now if it really is, I will soak up every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment