Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

So I went down the shore today.  Oh by the way apparently only NJ people say down the shore, not sure why that is but it's our own little "thing."  I haven't really talked about my location much but I live in New Jersey.  No I am NOT like the Jersey Housewives or the Jersey Shore cast, actually NJ really isn't like that, at least all of NJ.  I wanted to show my readers the pictures from the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy because the severity of an event like this just makes me realize how fortunate I am.  Don't get me wrong Hurricane Sandy affected me too, we lost 4 of our largest pine trees and one actually fell on my brand new car and we didn't have heat or power for 2 weeks but we managed.  I know my community was really bad after Sandy hit but to see the Jersey shore look this way made me want to cry.  The shore is what I went to every summer with friends and what I always looked forward to.  That little piece of serenity is now gone.  I will forever remember the shore as my place to escape and my mini vacation and I am proud to be from an area that recovered so quickly and from a state that helped every bit that they could.  RESTORE THE SHORE, JERSEY STRONG!!  I honestly started to hate NJ because of all those stupid reality shows that gave us such a bad reputation but I love the shore and I love NJ, God bless the Jersey shore.











We are almost there Jersey! :) Jersey strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment