Friday, April 26, 2013

Saving the world one action at a time.

I always said that I wanted to give back to the world.  There are so many different ways to do good for people.  I hope that this blog is somewhat helping even if it’s one person.  I say this because tomorrow I am doing my first volunteer work on my own.  What I mean is, it’s not required to graduate from high school or college or it’s not an after school club to get some brownie points.  I’m simply doing it because I want to.
If this would have been a few years ago I would say why would you dedicate time that you can have to yourself to cleaning up someone else’s mess or doing anything else without getting paid for it.  Regardless of what the volunteer work is and even though you don’t get compensated with money you get compensated other ways.  You feel good that you did something selfless for someone else and in the process you helped someone else.  Also it’s a small world, who knows what will happen when you volunteer.  You will meet new friends, or what I’m hoping for is to meet someone I can help.
If I could I would help everyone in the world but I have to start one thing at a time.  I wish that I could volunteer more with anything having to do with epilepsy awareness but I hope this blog will be a good start, at least for now.
I’m very excited to volunteer.  I’ll be cleaning up a river and a park so as long as I don’t see too many snakes I will be fine.
To any one reading this, if you are feeling upset about your epilepsy and even if you are mad at the world, maybe doing something good is the best thing you can do to get your mind off it.  Try to fill your life with positive energy, it helps with your emotions.
I made a bucket list a few months back because I was feeling very down and saving the world (I know very unreasonable) was one of the things to check off along with talking about my epilepsy so since I’ve already done one I guess I can start a check mark for the other.  I purposely made unreasonable goals because MAYBE just maybe there is a way to achieve that goal somehow.  Set goals for yourself, it helps you focus on something else in your life other than your epilepsy and how much your life has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment