Thursday, March 28, 2013

I have a question for anyone reading this...

So I have officially made it home from Texas.  I wanted to wish everyone a belated Global Purple Day, who wore purple on Tuesday?  I sure did.
While I was in Texas I ran into a little problem with my epilepsy.  Lack of sleep.  I didn’t want to be rude and ask to be taken back to the hotel by my co-workers because we were at dinner but I know my health comes first.  In this type of situation I don’t really have any true advice for anyone just because every situation is different.  I also knew that I had to wake up at 4:30 a.m. for the flight.  This is when I got concerned.
In my case I was lucky enough to somehow get out of sitting for another few hours at dinner and was driven home.  I just said how I wasn’t feeling well and was extremely tired.  When traveling, especially with business it can be exhausting. 
I always tell myself my health comes first.  I wanted to reach out and ask if there are any readers that actually travel for business with epilepsy.  What do you do?  How do you go about telling your boss, “hey can you give me a ride back because I don’t feel good?”  I just want to know if anyone else has any input because I wasn’t 100% sure how to react in this situation.  Or even any readers who have any suggestions, that would be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment