Monday, June 10, 2013

Rest Easy

I just realized I haven’t written in here for about a week.  I’ve been so busy and exhausted.  The weekend was also pretty busy.  I was my mom’s chauffeur haha.  I really had no choice because over the weekend my dad noticed a bubble in my tire, meaning I had no car to drive.  However, I do get a really nice courtesy car until my car is fixed!

So I got my MRI results back for my knee.  I don’t know if I wrote about how I was getting an MRI.  Well, no surgery is required (yippeeeee) but I do have to go to physical therapy.  I have some muscular syndrome (it starts with a c and it’s really long) that is causing my muscles to play tug of war and in doing this they are playing tug of war with my knee cap so it lifts from side to side.  Then there’s some damaged cartilage that can be strengthened.  Apparently it is very common in athletes (which I was super athletic growing up) because they don’t stretch correctly or when they train/work out they don’t work all the muscles they are supposed to.  So one side of my knee is tough and the other side is so weak that my knee cap has actually shifted to that side.  Apparently the same thing is happening with the other knee too but there’s no damaged cartilage making it super painful.

Oh and I have a gaglian cyst on my wrist.  I’m just falling apart.  The doctor said it seems benign for now but to keep an eye on it because if it starts to hurt or impair the usage of my wrist then I need to get it drained/removed.  It hurts a little but not enough to impair any type of movement.

Either way for now I’m somewhat healthy and that’s all that matters really.  Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment