Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day to the greatest dad a girl could possibly have.  Even though I am my dad's height in heels I was always carry the title of "Daddy's Little Girl."  He came to the United States at 25 (same age I am now) to start a new and better life for him and his wife and in the future for his children.  My mom followed him shortly after because it took her forever to get her Visa to leave Poland so her and my dad actually had to get married 3 times in order to prove that they are actually married.  Well 30 years later they are still happily married and have two kids, myself and my brother.
When my dad came here he didn't know English so he started to teach himself.  He read many books and even though he could only speak a few sentences he tried looking for jobs, even if they were dead end ones just to be able to put food on the table.  Well my dad's first job here in the states was working at a gas station for very little money, but he did it. 

After that my dad knew enough English to get a college degree since the one he had from Poland didn't count for anything.  He managed to get his degree and landed a really good job working in his field; computer graphics.  He slowly worked his way to the top and now all those Lancome advertisements you see, yup my dad has worked on those :)

I'm very proud to call him my daddy aka Tatusiu, he has worked so hard for so many years and I hope one day I can give back to him as much as he gave to me.  When my grandfather passed away (his dad), he made a few major promises to me and my dad fulfilled them for him in his absence.  I will never forget all of the sacrifices both him and my mom made for me and well I guess my brother too hehe.

I hope you have a good Father's Day daddy, Wszystkiego Najlepszego z okazji Dzien Taty!!

Love always,
Misia

No comments:

Post a Comment