Friday, July 12, 2013

Hiatus

Wow, I haven’t written in here in almost a month.  I’ve been so busy and I’ve taken up a few hobbies so life has been hectic. 

I’m still in physical therapy which is a bummer, because I don’t feel my body getting any better, it still feels the same way it did before, I still have my good and bad days.  I’ll give it a few more months and see what happens.  Also, no seizures or any mishaps with my epilepsy, except trying to get my medication and dealing with insurance companies as usual (and successfully getting what I wanted!).

Life in the office has been crazy too.  Lots of different things going on and I’ve been so stressed that my sparkle has dulled.  However, I’m still trying to make sure I’m bubbly and trying to stay positive.
So the hobbies I’ve taken up are EXTREMELY girly haha.  I started re-posting in my fashion blogs.  I went on a 2.5 year hiatus and decided that I wanted to start posting again, just for fun, plus it’s a passion of mine.  I also started to get into nail art.  I’ve been reading so many tutorials online and have been testing them out on myself.  So far I would say I’ve been pretty successful.

Now lastly since I’ve been so keen on donating and volunteering and helping out as much as I can I decided to volunteer for a local animal rescue & shelter.  After trying to find homes for stray cats that are wandering around my house, and was not successful I started to go to animal shelters.  Well apparently stray cats are not the strays we all think of.  These cats are feral cats, me not knowing ANYTHING about cats I didn’t know the difference.  Even though they have become domesticated and they even eat from my hand they are considered feral.  Well NO shelters within a 100 mile radius (at least that’s where I had to have the Humane Society step in) would take the cats, even the two kittens would not be allowed in the shelter. 

I started to get worried that I was going to have to bring them to the town animal control/pound because we all know what happens when they go there.  I actually started to cry and someone told me why don’t you call the Humane Society.  So I did, and was not successful with the organizations they gave me at first so I called a second time.  The second time I was successful.  They gave me the phone number of a shelter that is actually 10 minutes away from my house that rescues feral animals as well, not just “strays.”  Well after all of their help I decided even though I’m allergic to cats and not dogs I want to help.  I will help even the cats (just take some Benadryl first) and volunteer.  I submitted my application on Monday and am currently waiting for a call back (they say it takes about a week to two weeks for them to review it).  So I’m crossing my fingers because I want to do as much good as I can.


Also I’m walking in a cancer walk in memory of my friend’s mom who passed away from cancer in September.  So I would say I’m on the right track!

No comments:

Post a Comment